Senior Scientist Vision
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands (80- 100% on-site)
Type of job: Full time
About SCIL Nanoimprint Solutions
SCIL Nanoimprint Solutions is a global leader in the field of nanoimprint lithography. Our state-of-the-art technology and solutions empower breakthroughs in nanofabrication across various industries.
As a recent spin-out from Philips we are working with a small team of professionals to support our current customers in the field of high-volume manufacturing of AR/VR smart glasses, lasers and flat optical components for smart phones and sensors. We see strong opportunities in new markets such as biosensors and microLEDs.
At SCIL Nanoimprint Solutions, we are driven by the possibilities of tomorrow and are seeking an experienced engineer driven by the possibilities of nanotechnology to strengthen one of the key capabilities in our team.
As vision and integration expert (senior scientist) at SCIL Nanoimprint Solutions, you will be instrumental in shaping the company’s future. Your mission is to become and be the expert with respect to vision related technologies in SCIL. This will be on several topics: support customers, maintain and improve the current equipment in the field, build and integrate new setups that use automated vision and image processing in order to provide data to support the continued development of the SCIL technology in general. You work in a multi-disciplinary team and will receive hands-on training to get up to speed quickly.
- Develop and implement a forward-thinking strategy that aligns with SCIL Nanoimprint Solutions’ ambition and fosters sustainable growth and profitability. Determine the key technical needs with customer input and in a multi-disciplinary team to improve the SCIL total production solution.
- Develop and integrate hardware and custom software in stand-alone or integrated tools. Topics are related to overlay alignment, defect inspection, metrology and improved throughput.
- Setup innovative data analyses of the process and vision data that is generated in various stages and tools in the nano-patterning process flow. Setup data driven analyses to support customers and the process team. Identify routes that enable new markets, customer support, and growth opportunities for our nanoimprint lithography production solutions.
- Work with the process team to improve and take the overlay alignment to the next step. Optimizations and solutions can be found in software and hardware development. Test, prove and implement these improvements in our demo tool and at customer tools already in the field.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, ensuring a deep understanding of their needs and delivering exceptional customer satisfaction. Leverage your application know-how to provide tailored solutions to customers.
- A thorough knowledge of optics and optical systems and the drive to make this your own. Use the knowledge to identify possible issues and propose improvements in the hardware, software and process.
- Identify new and valuable ideas and solutions and guide the process of filing intellectual property on these topics. Generate necessary inputs for roadmaps and strategic discussions
- Actively participate in the scale-up of the SCIL technology
- Sees opportunities for improvements and initiates these opportunities, within his own technological expertise/competency
- Continuously develop your technological knowledge, by regular contacts in – and outside our organization
- Proactively communicate with all stakeholders, including clients, senior management, professional network and colleagues.
- Comply with the ESH policy, rules and regulations.
- Master degree in engineering, electrical engineering, physics or a related field.
- Proven track record of success in senior technical / architect roles within the high-tech equipment industry, preferably with a focus on micro and nanofabrication.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in programming MatLab, Python, Halcon and PLC system software.
- Experience with machine learning and large data sets handling is desirable.
- Hands on mentality and willingness to travel.
- Extensive application know-how in the field of (nanoimprint) lithography, including a deep understanding of various application areas and their specific requirements is an advantage.
- General knowledge of LEAN and Design for Six Sigma is a plus
Why SCIL Nanoimprint solutions?
- Ideal space for innovation, we are always open to new ideas.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Flexibility and dynamism: employees can take different roles gaining diverse skills and expertise.
- 25 days of holidays.
- Good employment conditions including a competitive salary and as solid company pension.
How to Apply
If you are a seasoned engineer and scientist with a passion for high tech and especially nanotechnology, a desire to drive growth in a dynamic industry and possess innovation drive, we invite you to be a part of SCIL Nanoimprint Solutions’ journey. Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience to: email@example.com.
SCIL Nanoimprint Solutions is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.